Thursday, November 19, 2009

Destiny

I am always impressed by just how lazy I can be sometimes. This is commonly on a Sunday. Today probably set a record. I like to think that it was well deserved, however. I haven't been in my apartment, on my couch, with endless football on TV in a while.

In fact, this day of laziness has not yet ended. This posting is just my response to the Bud Light Tailgate Approved 3-in-1 Condiment Gun. "Have you ever had problems putting on a condiment?" Wow. Thanks for that. NFL, NBC, and of course Anheiser-Busch. You all are the true problem-solvers. Almost as good as the funcooker.

Someone please stop this world!

Except for the Colts. Please don't stop them, because I'd like them to stop the Patriots.

This quote from Frantz Fanon was the first thing I read this morning, and it ended up shaping everything else I faced throughout the day.

There are in every part of the world men who search.
I am not a prisoner of history. I should not seek there for the meaning of my destiny.
I should constantly remind myself that the real leap consists in introduction invention into existence.
In the world through which I travel, I am endlessly creating myself." (
Frantz Fanon)

Everything is a search, really.

That's all to say.

That, and "go Colts."


No comments: